New Haven has adopted the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. We have condensed without compromise into the following:
We Believe In The Absolute Authority Of Scripture.
- We interpret the Bible literally. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe the Bible to be the sole source of truth, divinely inspired and without error. (2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We interpret the Bible literally, to include the literal six day creation of all things.
- We believe the Bible to be the sole source of truth, divinely inspired and without error.
We Believe In The Person And Work Of Jesus Christ.
- He was God in the flesh (John 1:1; 1 Timothy 3:16), born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23), and lived a sinless life. (Hebrews 4:15)
- He gave Himself to die on the cross as a complete and final sacrifice for mankind’s sin. (1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; Ephesians 2:14-18)
- His death was followed by His burial and then His resurrection three days later. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) He ascended into heaven (Acts 1:10-11) where He was exalted to the right hand of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11)
- Christ will one day return to the earth (Matthew 24:27-31; Revelation 19:11-16) to establish His Messianic kingdom over the entire earth as King. (Zechariah 14:9-21; Matthew 25:31; Revelation 20:4-6)
We Believe That Salvation Comes By God’s Grace Through Faith Alone In Jesus Christ.
- Every person is a sinner in need of God’s salvation. (Romans 3:10,23; Ephesians 2:1-5) Salvation cannot be attained through our good works. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Romans 3:28; 2 Timothy 1:9)
- The moment people place their trust in Christ, God’s Spirit comes to dwell within them, they are eternally secure and they become part of the family of God forever. (Ephesians 1:13-14; Galatians 3:26, 4:6-7)
- Our church believes that salvation is freely offered to all who will believe. (1 Timothy 2:4-6; 1 Timothy 4:10; Titus 2:11; 2 Peter 3:9; Revelation 22:17; 1 John 2:2; John 1:9-12)
We Believe In The Autonomy Of The Local Church.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of this church and we as believers are His body. (Ephesians 1:20-23)
- This local church is free from external control. It makes its own decisions concerning buildings, property, senior pastor, etc., as led by our Head, Jesus Christ. (Colossians 2:4-7, 9-10, 18-19; Ephesians 3:16-21, 4:15-16)
- The heavenly kingdom of Jesus Christ is far greater than any local church. The church’s passion should be to grow the Body of Christ in the world through personal and missions outreach. (1 Thessalonians 1)
We Believe In Two Church Ordinances: Baptism By Immersion And The Lord’s Supper.
- Christian Biblical baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his faith in the final resurrection of the dead.
- The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming. (Matthew 3:13-17; 26:26-30; 28:19-20; Mark 1:9-11; 14:22-26; Luke 3:21-22; 22:19-20; John 3:23; Acts 2:41-42; 8:35-39; 16:30-33; 20:7; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 10:16,21; 11:23-29; Colossians 2:12.)
We Believe That Every Believer Has Complete And Total Access To God.
- Every believer has unlimited access to God through Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:18, 3:12; Romans 5:2)
We Believe In The Ministry Of The Holy Spirit.
- Every believer is indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation. (Ephesians 1:13; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 1:22)
- The Holy Spirit is the believer’s guide and source of power for everyday life. (Galatians 5:16-19; Ephesians 5:18; John 16:13-14)
We Believe In The Return Of Christ.
- The “Blessed Hope” of our Lord’s return is literal, personal, visible, imminent, pre-millennial, and pre-tribulational. Believers will be caught up to be with the Lord prior to the seven years of tribulation, and at the end of the tribulation Christ will return with His saints to establish His thousand-year reign on the earth.
- (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; Revelation 3:10; Zechariah 14:4-11; Revelation 19:11-16; 20:1-6; Psalm 89:3-4)